Friday, July 8, 2011

WTF Friday

Every week I come into work on Friday optimistic.

Sort of.

I keep thinking that maybe it won't be so bad this week, that maybe things will be slow or at least not bat-s$%# crazy like they usually are.

I'm almost always wrong.

I work in a pharmacy, a pretty busy one at that and Fridays are almost always the worst day of the week.  Mondays get an honorable mention but that's to be expected considering most doctor offices are closed over the weekend so Monday mornings we're usually playing cleanup from a weekend filled with patient requests that went unfulfilled.

Fridays are a different story.

Friday always seems to be the day that women try and refill their birth control pills only to discover that there are, in fact, no refills left on their prescription.

"But I NEED them this weekend!  What am I going to do?"

What you should have done is be proactive and let us (or the doctor, what a novel concept that would be!) know that you would be running out of pills soon and could we please contact the doctor to get more refills for you.

This almost never happens, and of course it's always our fault that she ran out.  Of course it is!

Customers also in general never understand why the doctor's office is closed on the weekends.  This is always fun.

"We'll contact the doctor for you Mrs. Whinefest, but there's a good chance we won't hear back from him/her until Monday morning at the earliest."

"Why?  Don't they have hours on Saturday?  Why wouldn't they be open then?"

Really?

Also I should mention that it gets really amusing when the above exchange is in reference to something not needed to survive.  You know, like acne medication.

"But he/she NEEDS his/her (insert acne medication name here) THIS WEEKEND!"

Apparently where I work, Prom is every weekend.  I did not know this.  Interesting.

You would not believe how psycho people get when they aren't able to fill their teenagers acne medication.  Trust me, you wouldn't.

Just tell the kid to stay indoors over the weekend, and to lay off the candy bars.

And don't worry, there's another Prom next weekend.....

2 comments:

  1. After my wisdom teeth thing yesterday, we went to get my vicodin prescription filled. They said it was going to take 15 minutes, and I felt really impatient, like "What!? Just count the damn pills into the damn bottle, I'm standing here bleeding from my mouth." and then I remembered this post and felt really bad =(

    ReplyDelete