Thursday, July 21, 2011

Living Alone

 I lived alone for almost 4 years after moving to Westchester, and at first it was hard to get used to.  After a few weeks I was adjusted and no longer thought it was weird or different to come home to an empty house after work every day.

 My wife and I have been living together since the 4th of July weekend of last year.  This also took some getting used to after not having a "roommate" for the first few years I was here but as when I first moved in, eventually I got used to it.

 I bring this up because my wife is out of town for the next couple of days roadtripping with her sister and our nephew so once again, I'm living alone.

 I do have several video games to catch up on and a new season of Entourage to watch plus some stuff on the DVR so most likely I'll be able to keep busy, but that's not the point.

The point is, I don't like living alone anymore.

This house feels empty without her.

My wife went out of town last month for a weekend and was gone for 3 full days.  I've never been more happy to wake up early on a Sunday (which is always a day off from work for me) to pick someone up at the airport than I was that day.  By the end of that weekend I was practically at the point of talking to myself and my video game machines were smoking hot from overuse.

"Why didn't go and hang out with your friends?"

Mainly because I'm lazy but also because I had to work on Friday and Saturday and by the end of both of those days I'm pretty worn out, especially after a normal WTF Friday which I believe I've mentioned before in this blog.

With the temperature outside today and tomorrow equaling a high fever (or close to it) I'll most likely be staying in to avoid excessive sweating, which I can accomplish pretty easily just by going to the mailbox.  Being a fat sweaty guy in this weather sucks, I'm ready for fall.

And even though I just dropped her off at the airport earlier this morning, I'm also ready for my "roommate" to come home.

2 comments:

  1. See when you have pets and live alone, you catch yourself talking to the pets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like that wouldn't be weird;)

    ReplyDelete