Thursday, October 20, 2011

Random movie stuff

I've been watching a lot of movies this week as a way to pass the time with my wife out of town, here's what I've watched.....

1.  Taxi Driver

             I hadn't watched this movie in forever, it's on Blu-Ray now and I picked it up the other day and I'm glad I did.  If you haven't seen this movie you're missing out on a classic, one of AFI's top 100 films of all time.  I'm somewhat of a De Niro whore so I'm a bit biased but this film is tremendous.

2.  The Green Hornet (2011)

             This one was on the Starz channel and I decided to give it a shot.  That was a mistake.  I lasted about 20 minutes in before I realized all the negative reviews it received earlier this year were well deserved.  I like Seth Rogen and all of his other films but this one is atrocious. 

3.  Bad Teacher

           I enjoyed this movie.  Cameron Diaz's character is pretty much the exact opposite of her character from There's Something About Mary in that she plays an incredible bitch who does not like people.  Diaz plays a school teacher who is pretty much worse than any teacher you had growing up multiplied by 100.  Her main goal in life is find a man who is rich (or has the potential to get rich) and marry him so she won't have to work ever again.  Justin Timberlake and Jason Segal are also entertaining in their roles.  If you like raunchy-type comedies this one's for you.

4.  The Dark Knight

        I recently purchased the new Batman video game Batman: Arkham City which is a fantastic game so far but while I was playing I had the urge to watch The Dark Knight for the 217th time (a rough estimate) so I did just that.  It's probably the best movie on  Blu-Ray that I've seen and it never gets old.  No need to go into details as I'm sure most everyone reading this has seen it or at least knows a bit about it. 

5.  Mad Men season 2

     I'm on season 2 right now and it's one of the best shows on TV.  At some point I'll catch up although it may not be for awhile.

6.  Boiler Room

  One of my favorite movies ever, a good example of a movie that did terrible at the box office but has somewhat of a cult following since being released on DVD.  Great story, a very good cast (even with Vin Diesel) and also a really good soundtrack as well.  All around awesome.


I'm sure I'll be watching more movies in the next few days (like Horrible Bosses) so this may turn out to be a part 1 of 2.  

No comments:

Post a Comment