Friday, October 7, 2011

Brew Crew Bandwagon jumper

In light of tonight's events, I've decided to join forces with another MLB team.

The Milwaukee Brewers.

This is only for the remainder of the playoffs.

I have my reasons.

1)  The Brewers opponent is the NLCS will be the St Louis Cardinals.  I truly hate the Cards, almost as much as the stupid Red Sux.  Almost.  I really dislike the Cardinals manager Tony LaRussa.  He is an incredible egomaniac and completely unlikeable.  For you non-sports fans, he's like baseball's version of Bill O'Reilly.  Seriously.

2)  I have a few good friends that are hardcore Brewers fans, and I'm very happy for them.  This is only the 2nd time the Brewers have won a postseason series, the only other time being the 1982 ALCS.  1982!  A couple of my Brewer fan friends weren't even born yet!  They were nice enough to let me on the bandwagon, and I graciously accepted.

3)  When I worked for Ford several years ago at their Chicago assembly plant the company brought in workers from the St. Louis assembly plant that had recently been closed.  This led to me (and several people there that I truly enjoyed being around and who also were good workers) being laid off.   And a lot of the STL people were complete and total douchebags who wore their Cardinals hats everyday and walked around like they owned the place.  I already disliked the Cards, now I hated them.  Yeah I'm bitter.

4)  I don't have a dog in this race.

Once my Yankees were eliminated (and the Cubs were eliminated basically the 2nd week of the season) I decided to root for another team just for the playoffs.

The Brewers were an easy choice, I even have a retro Brewers jersey and hat (the old logo is awesome) and I plan on wearing both on a regular basis in the next week or so.

Plus, I REALLY enjoy cheese.

So starting Sunday night I am on the Brewers bandwagon.

And there's plenty of room.....

No comments:

Post a Comment