Sunday, November 20, 2011

Being a cat owner (sort of)

For the past few days we've been hosting my in-laws cat at our house while they're out of town.

Their cat, Tapio, has been a pretty good houseguest.

That being said, I still can't figure out cats.

I was around my sister's cat for several years when I still lived at home.  This is not a very nice cat we're talking about.  Of course, much of that may stem from the fact that I used to antagonize it constantly by teasing it, etc.

That cat really hated it when I would pick it up and twirl it around; I figured most babies liked it so why wouldn't a cat?

So anyway, Tapio is a different story.

Sometimes when he wants to play he'll meow, and when my wife or I will attempt to play with him he'll  run away.

Sometimes he'll jump up into my wife's lap and lay down.....but while being petted his claws come out.  To me that's just weird.

That being said, he's a good cat who has been an excellent houseguest these last few days and will be welcomed back not only at X-mas but any time after that as well.

So in closing I don't get cats, and since we aren't pet people I guess it really doesn't matter.


At least that keeps things interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Alright well, the claws are coming out because the cat is "kneading," which is a show if affection It's the same movement the cat made with its paws as a kitten when it was suckling.

    ReplyDelete